Who knows Sirui tripod mount plate diameter?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
taomarcus Regular Member • Posts: 118
Who knows Sirui tripod mount plate diameter?

Hello i am not sure if i use the correct nomenclature,  but i am trying to buy a tripod and want to find out what diameter the baseplate is on top of the Sirui centercolum.  how much diameter, the part where you screw the ball head on.  And the choice is pretty much between Sirui and  Manfrotto.  I tried to look for Feisol or induro but there are no dealers in my country.

At manfrotto website i found out that all their tripods have 60mm base plate.  So any head up till 60mm would be fine.

At sirui website i cannot find any information about the diameter.  Because they do not mention it anywhere.  I am still deciding between Sirui N-2004KX  or N3004x.   2004 is lighter,  3004 is taller and a bit more heavy because bigger legs.  but still lighter than Manfrotto, while it has thicker legs and still fits in carry on  bag , or perhaps i should say and it comes with carry on bag, and manfrotto does not.

What plate size do these thing come with.   read in a comment on amazon that N3004x comes with the plates 50mm and 60mm.  I could not verify this anywhere and also still do not know about the n2004kx.

I think n2004kx would probably be tall enough (am about 178cm),  but n3004x is selling for the same price with bigger legs and can go taller at expense of being more heavy.  plus it probably supports bigger ball heads.

Main concern is if the ballhead is to big and you fold it 180 degree the legs cannot close as they should because ball head is in the way.  That is at least the thing i read from comments on amazon.

So can any sirui owner advise me on ball head size.  I was thinking about buying sirui k30x ball head.  it is only 6 euro more as k20x so why not.   Also k30x come with bigger arca-swiss plate.  wihich my d810 probably  would like instead of smaller plate from the k20x.

taomarcus's gear list:taomarcus's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon 85mm F1.8G +4 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow