The two things about X-T20 that bugs me the most

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mihle Forum Member • Posts: 61
The two things about X-T20 that bugs me the most

So a while ago I got my X-T20. I generally really like it, and its much much better than the camera I borrowed before, Canon 600D. But the two things that bugs me the most about it is:

First: The viewfinder sensor
Sometimes I take pictures where I have to hold the camera quite low, and look at the flipped out screen from above. The sensor that switches between screen and viewfinder, have too large range on it. What happens is that I touch the screen to change focus area, and even if my arm isn't that close to the sensor, it sees my hand and switches to the viewfinder. I know there is a button to force screen or viewfinder only, but I dont really want to press that so often.

I am guessing the range on the sensor is as large as it is because it then sees the face that goes up to the viewfinder earlier, and therefore make the switching delay between the two less noticeable. So the fix to this would be at least make the range on it adjustable if nothing else. (If it is already I haven't found the setting) The best would be for them to actually have also made the switching faster.

Second: The screen to move focus when using the viewfineder
When I am using the viewfinder, I try to use the screen to change the focus point. On X-T20, its for one really sluggish sort of. I think its because there is a latency there that is just way too long. I dont know if its anything that can be fixed in firmware, I sort of doubt it is without affecting the performance of the camera in another way. (It might be that the possessor isnt powerful enough, and prioritizes other stuff, and therefore creates the latency).

And something else is, that if your focus point reaches the edge, it jumps to the other side of the screen. I rather want that to not be the case. That when it reached the edge it just stopped.

I have the touch screen area setting on right part of the screen, but even if I do, I cant move the focus point if my nose touches the left part of the screen.

If there is a setting for any of it it I havent seen it.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow