Canon t7i and Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sman23 New Member • Posts: 5
Canon t7i and Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens

Hello,

I am close to purchasing the Canon t7i (800D) body only and have heard and seen great things about the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 prime lens. I also thought this would be a great lens since this is a crop camera would bring the focal length closer to actual 50mm.

Has anyone had any issues running this lens on a Canon t7i yet? Looking on ebay, I saw a couple of comments where people said, "it seems to not be calibrated to some of the newer cameras with different AF motors." Essentially auto focusing issues. I would really love then lens but if it won't work with this camera, I might look at another camera.

Secondly, I've been looking at this lens and there appears to be an older "Sigma 30 mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM" lens and a newer "Sigma A 30 mm f/1.4 DC HSM (art)" lens.  Is there an overall consensus on which one is the better lens and maybe has less auto focus issues on the Canon t7i?

Thank you for any advice.

Shawn

Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow