Peak Design Capture v3 base plate compatibility with v2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Why Toi Regular Member • Posts: 278
Peak Design Capture v3 base plate compatibility with v2

Just bought a new PD Capture v3 and was very pleased with the size and weight reduction. Quite significant and making my old v2 model looking like a prototype design. Whilst I'm happy with the v3 model, the lower profile standard base plate that came with it could not clip into the v2. Checking PD's web site, they did specifically mention the incompatibility. Disappointed.

However, after playing around a bit, I found that by replacing the two thumb screws on the v2 model with the two bolts that are supplied with the v3 model, the v3 standard plate will then fit the v2 clip. A bit of a workaround but it works, ensuring cross compatibility b/n the two consecutive versions.

Hope this bit of info is of assistance to some. Otherwise PD's Capture really is a very nice product. Love using it.

Why Toi's gear list:Why Toi's gear list
Sony a7 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon Coolpix P7000 +9 more
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow