Your Opinion Needed on Lenses

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheWhiteDog Regular Member • Posts: 258
Your Opinion Needed on Lenses

So  I now have the X-E3 kitted with the 18-55mm zoom, 60mm f 2.4 and I just added the 14mm f2.8. This completes my trinity for compactness with my X-E3. Bought the 14 because I want the discipline of a prime and it's sterling optical reputation(the fact that it shares a filter size & hood with the 18-55mm didn't hurt either). Couldn't justify the 80mm Macro not really because of it price, but also it's size so I went with the 60mm as I really don't need 1:1. Showing how minor niggles sometimes get blown out of proportion, I find the 60mm focuses just fine(and more accurately than the kit zoom) and I love its output.

But GAS is never satisfied and though it won't be in the immediate future, I am thinking of getting the 55-200 because it will make my kit that much more versatile. So my question to everyone: If you had to get two(not one) more lenses to add to this kit, what would they be? Very rarely would I bring all five out together as that defeats the purpose of getting the X-E3, but all would see excellent use.

I figure this is a fun question, something lighthearted in the sea of contentious "wormy" posts on this Forum.  Not that those don't have value, I've learned some things from them. All the best to everyone!

TheWhiteDog's gear list:TheWhiteDog's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow