M10ii as a "take anywhere" camera?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DustyBin
DustyBin Regular Member • Posts: 430
M10ii as a "take anywhere" camera?

I have a PEN-F and an M1ii with a number of lenses including 12-40 & 40-150 Pro zooms... As some may know from other threads, I'm a relatively recent user of Olympus M43 and loving the experience so far.

But... these bodies and the Pro lenses are just a little pricey/hefty for me to carry 'anytime anywhere'...  I've been looking for something that I can carry in a belt holster at most and that I won't worry too much about in terms of theft/damage.  To be used for travelling, but also in 'normal' life.  And, ideally, will act as an emergency backup body for either of the main cameras if required.

I have tried Canon G9X and G7X... don't like the 1 inch sensor.

I have tried an E-PL7, but didn't like the lack of silent shutter.

I have a Samsung S8, which fits in my pocket and takes good pics, but is restricted by single, wide angle FL.

So... I've just bought a lightly used M10ii body for USD300 that I'm planning to mate with the 14-42EZ or Panny 20 pancake to use as a relatively small solution.

Does anyone else use the M10ii as a 'point and shoot' in this way?

Does my choice of lens(es) sound appropriate?

Am I in danger of leaving, most likely, the PEN-F at home?

DustyBin's gear list:DustyBin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +9 more
Canon G9 X Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus E-PL7 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow