Sony a7M3 redundant saving to two SD cards

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Roland Schulz Contributing Member • Posts: 716
Sony a7M3 redundant saving to two SD cards

Hi there,

until now I mostly did my jobs with my Nikon D4 system and saved fies redundant on two memory cards (XQD and CF).

Now I´m using my a7M3 more and more and since the camera also offers the possibility to save simultanous/redundant I´d like to hear what experience you got with that.

Initially I had some problems with my Sony SF-G1UX2 cards in that camera, means that when taking several photos in a short time and viewing them also with some zooming/panning the camera sometimes looked up for 10-20s.

I never experinenced that problem again with my Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-II card in slot 1 alone. Everything is quite responsive now and I got no lookups any more.

For safety I´m looking into buying a Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 UHS-I for Slot 2. I know that the performance will decrease a somewhat since slot 2 is UHS-I only.

I´m using RAW uncompressed and JPEG fine simultanous.

Any experience with that? Does anybody also use two cards for saftey for both RAW and JPEG and did you encounter any problems?

Roland Schulz's gear list:Roland Schulz's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony a6500
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow