B&H and CE certification

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 4,070
Re: B&H and CE certification

KWNJr wrote:

DMKAlex wrote:

I don't believe that the retailer is the certificate holder for CE, or UL.

The only exception I can think of if the retailer orders something custom manufactured for a house brand. In which case the contracting retailer will specify what certifications it wants/needs.

The retailer will then have to get the certifications for where it intends to sell the item, so it can be legally sold there.

It is up to the manufacturer to get their products certified. Once it is certified, they would receive the certificate and earn the right to put UL or CE on their product.

I don't think custom would ask you for the physical certificate. They may want to make sure that the product is certified by the CE signage on the product.

For the US, the UL label is not legally mandatory. There are lots of electrical items without the UL label.

Retailers seldom make major changes to a product design. The design is from the factory. It is up to the factory to obtain the UL approval and certification. Retailer just want to put a private label on the product. A certain retailer may have large enough volume to have an exclusive. That means that particular design is not sold to other but the private label holder.

Retailers do not have the knowledge and resource for the design and production layout.

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow