Nikon 105 f1.4e Quality Control

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbecke Contributing Member • Posts: 572
Nikon 105 f1.4e Quality Control

Although I own and regularly use (including for portraiture) the very good Nikon AF-S 105 f2.8G ED Micro lens on my D810, I am considering purchasing the 105 f1.4e based upon comments read here and reviewed elsewhere (and my own usage needs).   However, I do have a significant concern.   This is a $2,200 (USD) lens that is made in China.  I have never spent anywhere near that much for a camera lens manufactured in China.   My expensive pro lenses, i think, were all manufactured in Japan.  Therefore, my inquiry is this: has the quality control been consistent from lens to lens?   Has anyone out there received a substandard (i.e., deficient) copy of this lens?  Has anyone had to return a questionable copy and repurchase a better copy of the lens?  The wallet may be willing, but I want to make reasonably certain that I am likely to obtain a quality product should I decide to purchase this expensive lens.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow