Well, I'm done...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Simon97
Simon97 Senior Member • Posts: 2,802
Well, I'm done...

I sold the last of My N1 gear, the S1 and 11-27.5 kit. It sold for less than I though it was worth.  I really liked the camera but, being sort of a minimalist, I don't often hang on to possessions I don't use anymore. I bought it new four years ago when they were being dumped for amazing prices ($150). TBH, I've been slowly selling off unused gear and acquiring new gear over the last 6 months. The S1 was the last of it.

Back then, I thought I had found the camera system to call home. It was the right size and gave decent images. I wasn't interested in more megapixels.

The S1 didn't seem to win many favors in the reviews. The images out of the camera were kind of soft. A little tweaking in the menu and you could get really wonderful jpegs out of the camera. Raw images had a nice pixel sharpness I'd not seen before. Someone said this camera lacks an AA filter, so perhaps that is why. Lack of a mode dial could be annoying at times but I still liked the simple design.

I moved on to micro four-thirds and have two cameras now. Adapting my collection of old lenses is so much fun (Nikon crippled it). Hopefully this system survives.

Simon97's gear list:Simon97's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Kodak Pixpro S-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow