RX100 VI: Trip to the Beach to Shoot 4K and HFR Video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Markr041 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,470
RX100 VI: Trip to the Beach to Shoot 4K and HFR Video

Armed with an ND filter and mag attachment, it was time to test the RX100 VI as a travel camera in the worst conditions: a beach on a hot sunny day. Can you use the viewfinder? Will the camera overheat? What does the quality look like?

I shot 37 GB's of video, both 4K 30p and HFR (240P). I used up 2.5 batteries. I shot over a period of 4.5 hours in the sun. I got a tan, but the camera never overheated. It was 82 degrees, but, as you can see in the videos, there was a breeze. And, importantly, I shut off the camera between shots. My typical shot lasts 10 seconds, unless there is particular action to capture.

First, the 240 FPS HFR video of action at the beach: bocci and skateboarding and gulls, of course, in slow motion. What slow motion (8X slowed in this case) does is reveal the grace of motion that you ordinarily cannot see:

Next, 4K of people, their activities and fauna at the beach:

and 4K of the beach and the people there:

Most of the people in these videos I talked with and got to know a little, which was part of the fun. There was some interest in the camera, and surprise at the size.

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic LX100 Sony RX100 IV Panasonic ZS100 Olympus TG-5 +6 more
Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow