To be let down by the m4/3 "IQ"

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Okapi001 Senior Member • Posts: 3,077
To be let down by the m4/3 "IQ"

We read a lot about the m4/3 "image quality" being not so good as the APS-C or FF IQ ( where image quality is basicaly noise, dynamic range and other characteristics of the sensor). And about individuals leaving m4/3 in search of a better IQ.

So, I am wondering, can someone post a photo with a really great composition, exposition, story, colours etc., but with a not so great IQ - in other words, a photo that would be really great if taken with a better sensor.

Because as I look at my not so great photos, they are mostly not so great because of my faults, not because of inferior m4/3 sensor. There are some that would be better with a longer lens, or with a faster and more accurate autofocus, but not because they are too noisy or with an inferior dynamic range.

Okapi001's gear list:Okapi001's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +15 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HUN
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow