Olympus TG5 - help with 4K filming and SD card

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
louthmpson New Member • Posts: 8
Olympus TG5 - help with 4K filming and SD card

Hello, I am new here and not all that camera savvy.

I have just purchased a TG5 for general use as I am fed up with using only my phone for photos and I wanted something more robust and waterproof for an upcoming cruise holiday, and that I won't be so worried about my children using.

So the main thing I wanted to ask, is there an absolute best SD card to buy for this camera?  I have found a compatible list, but I am clueless (apart from capacity) as to the features of the different cards, and also why only certain ones are only compatible with this camera.

This leads me on to my second question.....the SD card I am using at the moment is a random old 4gb that I found indoors (I only purchased the camera on Saturday so the card was for trying out purposes only) but when I film in 4K it will only record for 5 seconds before it stops automatically, the same issue for HD filming although it will run for slightly longer.

Is this purely because I'm using a rubbish SD card?  And its too slow to process it?  I notice when I did multiple shot photos as well the little red card was flashing like mad in the corner before it would let me view them.

So, I am assuming this is a card issue and I'm not missing some obvious setting on the camera that allows you to film for longer...

I'd also welcome any absolute beginner tips for getting the most from this camera on a day to day basis.

Many thanks in advance.

Lou

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow