Advice for trip to France

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fuchalmania Junior Member • Posts: 49
Advice for trip to France

Hi there,

Looking for some advice for what to bring in my kit for a trip to northern France at Christmas. Two questions (at end of post).

Some context first.

I've an EM1.2  and have my travel bag/kit sorted small and light so I can bring all my lenses + grip: Pana 9-18, Olympus 25 f1.8, Pana 42.5 f1.7 and Oly 40-150 f2.8 (+ 1.4 tele).

As stated, I'll be in France for Christmas and want to shoot a mixture of what I normally love shooting at home (Australia). Landscape, street photography, candid shots of the family. I don't go looking for wildlife/birds - but as I live in Australia it's hard not to stumble across wildlife when you're out shooting. It's just not my aim or passion, so no BIF needs.

For landscape at home I use a tall Benro tripod (I'm 1.9m tall). This tripod is too large and heavy to take traveling. I had ordered Sirui carbon tripod (not a tall thing, but short and light). I'm returning it for a refund as the ball-head doesn't tilt full 90 degrees to portrait mode.

Q1: Would you recommend a half decent travel tripod (carbon fibre and small/light), or a smaller tabletop tripod like the Feisol TT-15B and an L-Bracket for the camera?

Q2: I'll be spending a few days in Paris, then staying in Northern France. Have a week or so to travel around Belgium, SW Germany, Holland, then over to England for a week. Will have a car the whole time. Any personal favourite places members can recommend I go and shoot? Landscape, street stuff, etc.? I'm open to anything. To give you an example, if someone was coming to my neck of the woods (Sydney/Illawarra) I'd recommend places like Bombo quarry or Crater Cove and it's hippy huts.

Thanks in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow