Need advice on making the switch to Micro 4/3

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pcorradophoto New Member • Posts: 13
Need advice on making the switch to Micro 4/3

Hello,

A bit about me, I am long time shooter and have done quite a bit of shooting in my day (including early micro 4/3). Between kids, work and other personal issues, I am less inclined to shoot with my current full frame set-up (Nikon D750, with the following 2.8 lenses - 17-35, 24-70, 70-200). I am also at the point where I am no longer getting or seeking out paid photgraphy work. At the end of the day, a hobby I have loved has just vbecome ery cumbersome and find myself more the photographer than a participant when I bring the camera to family events and outings. I want to change that and be more in the moment if that makes sense.

I’ve always liked the micro 4/3 format because, unlike APS-C, i feel like you get an actual size advantage with the smaller sensor. I have looked into the full frame mirroless, but I see no advantage in going that route since the lenes are still large and the costs very high,

I have been looking into the option for a new body and lenses and I am at a loss as there are too many options. I am looking for suggestions. Here is what I like / want to shoot:

1. Play time with my kids - 2 and 4 both indoors and out

2. Vacation scenes / group shots

3. Some portraiture (think Christmas card / mantle photos - nothing for sale)

4. Street photography (a bit)

We are planning a trip to Disney in about 18 months and I would like something to cover me there.

I should also note, I do not really care all that much about video

About the only thing I am sure about is that the 24-70 full frame is my favorite range, so I would like a fast equilavent (I am note sure which is better Olympus of Panny) and I would like a small, fast prime to make the camera as pocketable as possible. Other than that, fast auto-focus is probably the only other major requirement. I would like to stay in $2K-2.5K range start.

Thank you in advance for the help

pcorradophoto's gear list:pcorradophoto's gear list
Sony a7 III Rokinon AF 35mm F2.8 FE Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow