Sigma 17-50 f2.8 still best (reasonable)fixed aperature zom lens for D7500?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BJBBJB Regular Member • Posts: 101
Sigma 17-50 f2.8 still best (reasonable)fixed aperature zom lens for D7500?

Greetings. I had good success with the Sigma 17-50 F2.8 on my D7100. Shot landscapes, portraits, concerts, all kinds of stuff with it.

I soon will have a D7500 and need to replace my lens due to damage. Looking forward to the additional ISO reach when needed.

I was looking for a newer lens in this range. I need it to go down to 17mm and fixed at f2.8 at least and not be huge. I see Tamron has one out but although newer, seems the Sigma is still rated better after all these years. And Sigma is much less?

I wonder if Sigma is close to replacing it?

The Nikon 16-80 which many compare the sigma (a few threads here) is variable and won't work for me.

After a day of searching did I miss any zooms in this range of price and quality that would be a good match? I have a longer zoom when I occasionally need the reach so 50 is fine. 70 to 80 would be conveniant. Don't need or want an all in one zoom.

It is like nothing has changed since I researched like crazy and bought this lens for my D7100 years ago!

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

BJBBJB

PS. Sorry, I could not edit subject typo.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow