Any Bigger Lenses than 100-400 for micro 4/3 system ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JayDog Regular Member • Posts: 220
Any Bigger Lenses than 100-400 for micro 4/3 system ?

Ok so 10 years ago I used the Sigma 50-500 on the E510 and E-3 4/3 system.  Funny thing at that time it had the longest reach and best bang for the money. It really was a great setup and I did not feel hampered while shooting against much more expensive equipment.  Remember in body IS made this a dream for Nikon and Canon folks with a roughly 1000mm reach.

Sigma also produced a 100-400 lens for the 4/3 system but has given up on that as well.

Well fast forward to 2018  and all I see is ONE lens that is a 100-400.  I am curious are there any types of substitutes for longer reach.    I see a bunch of "PROS" using this equipment for wildlife and setting on the 100-400.  I am not nocking the lense but I have seen some of the results and too me the blur background pop is a little lack luster to the old Big Mama 50-500.    SO are there any other solutions ???   I feel if i get back into the 4./3 system this is a big draw back.   Are there any adapters for other lenses with autofocus ?

I had high hopes when I jumped on the 4/3 bandwagon in 2006.  I dont see much has changed in that time ??  I like the 2x crop factor and though birding would of been huge with this system ??

THanks, 
Jay

Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow