Having a Change of Heart

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
isax New Member • Posts: 1
Having a Change of Heart

Ok, so I've been doing photography for about 10 years now. I started as a studio hand, then was moved up to a wedding photographer. When my boss left the city I continued on my own for the next few years, he would even call me from Cali with bookings from people who still wanted to have weddings covered by him or his team.

for the past 5 years, I sort of splintered off and got into Cosplay Photography and street fashion which I feel has turned more into Environmental Portraiture.

My life has sort of spiraled in a huge direction lately due to career and life circumstances but its also awakened this creative edge in me and believe it or not I sort of want to really go back to my roots of when I started photography which was in Landscapes. My biggest hangup though is if I should or not, I know it sounds horribly silly but like 80% of my Instagram account is steeped in portraiture and to make a sharp change in subject matter would be very out of the ordinary...

My question is. Have you guys personally ever felt the need to change perspective? Maybe you started in Landscapes and suddenly felt compelled to go into something completely different? Are there repercussions in making a change like that when you've already made somewhat of a name for yourself in what you were doing originally? Did it hurt your sales if you did sell your work?

A lot of this is also coming from the perspective that I have always wanted to get into selling my work and publishing books.

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow