Two weeks in Vietnam with Olympus E-M1.2

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 30,454
Up north

timo wrote:

Thanks. I've been to Hanoi several times but never went up to see those views. Must do next time!

We booked with a tour company based in Hanoi. It was wife and myself, plus guide with driver and car wherever we went. Different parts of Vietnam we picked up new guides after train or plane journeys. They had a suggested itinerary and we added to it with longer stays in some places and some variations, which they seemed to have picked up on in their later tours. The freedom of that arrangement meant we could stop anywhere we liked for photos. Turned out cheaper than any organised group tours booked in Australia.

As for SaPa it needed an overnight train journey from Hanoi to Lao Cai on the Chinese border, then car to Sapa. Also organised so the Sunday we went back through Lao Cai and on to the the Bac Ha Sunday markets = fabulous.

Lao Cai was fun also, as we went to a small park near the border crossing and watched the day shopping permit travellers coming back across the border bridge with their hopelessly overloaded (two wheel only allowed) vehicles.

Later today when finished with some concreting I'll dig back in the files and add to this with some images, nothing artistic like the OP, just everyday life stuff. Oly E-300 in those days with my wife using a Ricoh pocket camera.

Regards.... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow