SD Card Import on WD Wireless Pro - UUID Problem

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Sills Contributing Member • Posts: 662
SD Card Import on WD Wireless Pro - UUID Problem

Hi all,

I purchased the WD Wireless Pro device.  You plug an SD card into its SD card slot and it automatically backs up all the photos (full or incremental backup) on the card.  Cool - it worked for the card in my A6500.

Next I plugged in the card from my RX100M4 and it backed up, but it deleted all the A6500 content and then the backup folder could not be found.

So after a while I found an article on the WD knowledge base that describes my problem.  So WD says that if I sequentially plug two cards in that have the same UUID, things will get all farbled up. Then says to contact your camera mfr.

So, finally my question.  How can I format SD cards in each of my two cameras so that they have distinct UUIDs?

The WD device has great potential but I've got to get it to work reliably with my two Sony cameras.  Thanks for any help!

Ken

Sony a6500 Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow