Nikon 100-300 5.6

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,284
Re: Nikon 100-300 5.6

blink667 wrote:

Rexgig0 wrote:

According to Bjorn Rorselett’s legacy web site, naturfotograf dot com, this lens does does perform well, due to vibrations, if the camera body is directly connected to a tripod, when shooting with this lens. It seems the Zoom-Nikkor 100-300/5.6 AI-S is at its best as a hand-held lens, and that is how we have used ours. My wife and I, each, have one.

Could I ask how you've set the lens up in the Menu under Non-CPU Lens Data? I have it set at 100mm at 5.6, so I'm assuming every photo will indicate it was taken at 100mm. Pretty awesome lens and very sharp throughout the range including at 300mm.

I think I remember having used 100mm. I think the main reason for setting the lens data is for light-metering purposes, and 100mm is close enough. I have no 100mm Nikon-mount lenses, so seeing 100mm in the EXIF data would instantly tell me which lens was used.

I have, actually, mostly used mine on a Canon 7D, with the help of a Novoflex EOS/NIK adapter. Adding a Nikon 6T makes this an interesting close-range lens. A Canon camera will happily meter any light coming through the hole, but with no CPU contacts

-- hide signature --

I wore a police badge and pistol, and made evidentiary images at night, incorporating elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. (Retired January 2018.) I enjoy using Canon and Nikon gear.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +49 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow