Overwhelmed, need help picking a camera

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Claudiasw New Member • Posts: 11
Overwhelmed, need help picking a camera

In the market for a family camera to capture life and action sports (soccer and water polo/swim). I prefer a bridge type without interchangeable lens but I want zoom. My old lens went to 200 and that seemed enough??

I went and checked out the Sony HX400V. I wasn't completely sold on it and the best buy guy said I was compromising to much image quality for zoom. My budget is under $600 and I need it to have some auto features since I am not good at settings. I thought the Lumix FZ1000 may be the one but then many reviews said it was complicated. There are not any camera stores near me that have people to help. Any advice and help would be appreciated. Also would love to have the video and wifi features. Although, wifi is not a deal breaker.

I had the Nikon D80 for years and then it had issues so we have only been using phones for a few years and it is not capturing the kids sports and lives like I want.

Thank you!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D80 Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow