does the camera I'm looking for exist?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hiroshi yamada New Member • Posts: 6
does the camera I'm looking for exist?

Hi all.

First post here.

A bit of my background. I was using film ( mostly 35 colour negative) for a very long time.. prints form lab where always great and I have proudly displayed them in our home. the raising costs of processing forced me to stop using film. sadly, as I still love the way film looks and film camera handling and always perfect prints.. so I slowly moved to Nikon dslr's ( D70s, D200, D300, D700 and now D3200). I never liked to manipulate images on a computer so always tried to get it right in the camera. I only ever used single lens, 35 or 50mm equivalent on crop sensor or 35, 50mm on film or full frame. last 4 years I'm using D3200 with 35 f1/8, Nikon SB-400 flash & SC-29 remote cord. I must say I have some very good photos from this combination.

I'm also using iPhone 8 camera. the HDR function works great and this is what's missing on my nikon. there are many situation when iPhone shots are simply better/ natural looking because of the ability to tame highlights.

obviously, sharpness and detail on nikon is way better or the ability to use off camera/ bounce flash.

I'm looking for a camera with bigger sensor ( aps-c as minimum) that in real life shots will hold the highlights as good as iPhone.

also, I'm not interested to fix photos in any software afterwards or in camera.

Thank you.

Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D3200 Nikon D700 Nikon D70s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow