Sony A6500 - Please help me with lens choice!!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MartyNick New Member • Posts: 1
Sony A6500 - Please help me with lens choice!!

Hi All new to the Sony range, so new to this forum too.

For many years I have been the owner of a Nikon d750 with a few very nice fast lenses. This has served me well for ages with stunning results. But I have been using it less and less lately due to it’s weight and bulk. It not the kinda thing that you stick over your shoulder if your taking the dog out to the woods!

Having recently worked along side a pro tog who was taking some candida with an a6000. I was so blown away with the results and consequently sold all my Nikon kit. I now own an A6500 with the Sony 16-50 kit lens, a 55-210 Sony and a very nice Sigma 1.4 30mm prime.

My quandary is that I’m not sure I can live with the rather small max aperture of kit lens for casual stuff, but neither do I think can live with a fixed prime either! But if I get something like the Zeiss 16-70 is that fast enough, on paper it’s not much quicker than the kit lens and is the size and weight of the camera with that lens taking away the compact size of the Sony that drew me to it in the first place.

Your thoughts welcome!

Martin

Nikon D750 Sony a6000 Sony a6500 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow