Should I get the XT2 for $1099

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hobby1947 New Member • Posts: 6
Should I get the XT2 for $1099

Hello all,

I have a Canon Rebel Xsi from 2009 and acquired the 17-55 2.8 at some point. I used it on a vacation 5 years ago and don’t use it much due to weight. I do use the 55-250 kit lens once in a while. I appreciate the nice bokeh it provides. But the Xsi is obviously slow and almost unusable indoors without a flash.

I am not at all into post processing and don’t have time for it. I have been using my iPhone 7 almost exclusively and even when I take photos with the Xsi, I haven’t been transferring the photos from the SD card into computer (and to Google Photos).

I have been looking at Fuji and m4/3 and initially thought of getting a XT20 or Em5ii or Pen F.

I love ya aking b&w photos with the NOIR filter on the iphone and am assuming Acros will be as great if not as great as the mono 2 profile on Pen F.

As much as I want to be a professional photographer, I know I will hate it if I have to do it for money.

So for now the camera will be used to take photos of my family (a running toddler and a beautiful wife) over weekends and on vacations. I do take nature photos once in a while and as much as I would like to take photos of birds (hence the m4/3), I know it requires time commitment and practice. I am not really into video but just take 2 minute clips of my toddler.

So here I am. I see that the XT2 has come down drastically in price. Should I get one of these (with 18-55 or 35 f2) ? Or Is Sony RX100 series or RX10 series better suited for my needs? I am thinking with any of these, i can transfer the photos to my phone and to google photos app.

Though RX10 iv looks like a great camer, i am afraid the bulk and ergo will not inspires me to take photos.

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus PEN-F Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow