Adobe Rgb vs srgb monitor for printing/soft proofing

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thetrystero Forum Member • Posts: 99
Adobe Rgb vs srgb monitor for printing/soft proofing

How much of an advantage does having a 99% Adobe rgb monitor have over a 73% Adobe rgb (but 100% srgb) monitor when it comes to making accurate nice looking prints at home on a Pixma pro 100? I'm getting a new monitor and have narrowed it down to either the BenQ sw2700 2k 99% Adobe rgb monitor or the LG 27uk850-w 4k 100% srgb (72% Adobe rgb) monitor. I'm doing a mixture of photography (including prints) in lightroom/photoshop and 4k video editing in premiere pro. I only have enough budget to get 99% Adobe rgb or 4k but not both (although the sw271 does look awfully tempting).

I'm a complete printing n00b and from what i gather I should be working in prophoto srgb. How does this tie in to the sort of monitor color space that will give me the most accurate prints possible? Will the extra gamut on the BenQ give me noticeably better prints or just marginally or not at all? Should I be looking at dci-p3 monitors instead like the dell up2718q?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow