cell phones making M4/3 and DSLRs obsolete

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johnpatrickbishop New Member • Posts: 21
cell phones making M4/3 and DSLRs obsolete

Occasionally you hear people saying that cellphones will make our cameras obsolete. I understand all the reasons for this argument and I even generally agree with some of the logic (for simply documenting a moment, the cellphone is an incredible tool).

However, I recently took advantage of a printing sale on snapfish and printed more than 2000 photos off my cellphone. Just cheap 4x6 prints, nothing special. However, I will say I was surprised by how low the quality of the cellphone photos is. There really is no comparison to the photos from my new Panasonic G7, to say nothing of my trusty Nikon. So while it's definitely true that the cellphone can't be beat for portability, for those who still care about quality, the cellphone is still not up to the task. Admittedly, I'm still working with relatively old cellphones (iPhone 6 and older).

johnpatrickbishop's gear list:johnpatrickbishop's gear list
Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow