How to upgrade?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Galenite New Member • Posts: 3
How to upgrade?

Hi all,

I'm a beginner amateur photographer. I currently own a Canon 500D with 18-55mm IS II kit and a Canon 50mm 1.8 STM. I continously practise with these on hiking and family events, but I am mostly interested in landscape photography.

In November 2018 I will visit my sister in New Zealand and we will travel around on the southern island for 3 weeks. As a geologist I will be more interested in landscapes, geological features in various scales. I am planning to bring the 50mm prime and now I am searching for a landscape - travel lens instead of the 18-55mm kit.

Is Canon 18-135mm a good choise for this purpose? I read a lot of good and negative rewiev of this lens, latter recommend to keep the kit and buy 55-250 instead. But I still try to minimize my travel equipment weight. I know that huge zoom range comes with lower quality but I am thinking of Sigma and Tamron superzooms as well. As you can see I also have a low budget for this

What would you recommend?

Galenite's gear list:Galenite's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow