Message to Sigma

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonathan Brady
Jonathan Brady Veteran Member • Posts: 6,460
Message to Sigma

Hey all,

I just sent the following message to Sigma via their "Contact Us" page.

Hi,
I'm trying to find the weight difference between the DSLR mount and Sony E Mount versions of your Art series lenses.
For instance the weight listed for the 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A is 815g for the Canon mount, but also for the the Sony E mount as well (in other words, the page doesn't update when you select Sony E mount from the drop down box), and that seems impossible given that it's a longer lens. Ironically, the dimensions are not correct on your website regarding the length, either. It says both mounts (Canon and Sony E mount) are 99.9mm. Obviously, the Sony E mount version is longer but us consumers don't know by how much.
Is there any chance that the difference in weight is the same between all Canon vs E mount versions of the lens (for instance, add 85g to the listed weight of any Canon mount version)? And, I assume that there is a standard length difference between them all but I don't know what that is, could you tell me?
Thanks so much!

If/when I hear back, I'll post a reply to this thread for those who may be curious.

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Sony a9 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow