Going on Safari - Upgrade from X-E2 to X-T2 or wait for X-T3? XF 100-400mm?

Started 5 days ago | Questions thread
Vic Chapman Veteran Member • Posts: 8,914
Re: Going on Safari - Upgrade from X-E2 to X-T2 or wait for X-T3? XF 100-400mm?

rotini wrote:

Thanks for the responses everyone! I am definitely looking forward to picking up a new X-T2 and 100-400mm lens! As I'm currently living overseas, I might just be buying new to avoid any headache.. and the prices here are roughly the same, sometimes better depending on the exchange rate for the day.

Now my real concern is malaria. Reading about the risks and effects has certainly created a lot of anxiety, to the point I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy the trip while constantly on the lookout for mosquitoes...

I strongly suggest you see your doctor and get a good anti malarial drug. You will need to begin taking them a few days before you go, while you're away and continue a week after your return. They may make you feel a little unwell for a short while (diarrhea) but this is likely to be over before you leave. You will also need to have some jabs before you go (yellow fever) and to take the certificate of inoculation with you. This may well affect your entry to the country so make sure you get them all done and have the necessary papers. Malaria kills.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan. Writer, comedian, poet, Goon. 1918 - 2002

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow