Sony shooters posting in the Canon forum - motivation? Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Mike CH Veteran Member • Posts: 9,631
Sony shooters posting in the Canon forum - motivation?

Recently, I’ve noticed a lot of now-Sony-ex-Canon shooters engaging - shall we say vigorously? - in discussions here in the Canon forums.

Back in 2012 when I went from Sony to Canon, I wouldn’t have dreamt of continuing posting in the Sony forums. And particularly not in the form I keep seeing here, now. I understand frequently re-visiting old hunting grounds. I do that myself once or twice a year with the Sony forums - to see what the hot topics, seeing what old acquaintances are doing, and so. But I don’t think I’ve posted once there in 6 years.

So what is your motivation for your continued, “vigorous” engagement here?

Going out on a limb here (because that may not anything to do with the actual motivation) - I can’t imagine why you care that strongly what people in the Canon forum think about Sony?

And before I forget - please, no insults against gear, people or moderators. Pretty please?

EDIT This is not about, in any way, forbidding or preventing people from posting where they want. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere many times, I don’t care about that (as long as it is t trolling or full of insults). But I am curious as to the why.

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...
I hardly ever speak for anybody but myself. In the cases where I do mean to speak generally the statements are likely to be marked as such.

Mike CH's gear list:Mike CH's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow