Felice62 Senior Member • Posts: 1,270
Re: Just FYI: Panasonic voids warranty if you sell lens from a kit

JakeJY wrote:

Felice62 wrote:

Thomas An wrote:

Discussion with online support:

Quote:"
Brandon R (7/12/2018, 1:29:53 PM):
Welcome to Panasonic U.S. Consumer Live Chat Support for Camera.
I am happy to assist you today, it will be just a moment while I review your request.
Brandon R (7/12/2018, 1:31:04 PM): How may i help you

Me (7/12/2018, 1:31:41 PM): I bought the GX9, but in the US Panasonic does not offer a body-only product.
Me (7/12/2018, 1:32:04 PM): Which forces me to sell the lens since I already have an m43 lens collection
Me (7/12/2018, 1:32:16 PM): Will this void the warranty once the kit is broken
Brandon R (7/12/2018, 1:32:58 PM): Yes it would void warranty
Me (7/12/2018, 1:33:44 PM): ok. Thanks for the honest answer. "

If you sold your body woukd warranty rights be transferred to the new owner?

The warranty explicitly says that proof of purchase is required, but it does not explicitly say that the buyer name must be on the proof of purchase, so people in previous discussions have argued technically if the seller or gifter gave a copy of the proof of purchase to the new owner, it should be fine. See previous discussions for more detail.

However, if you have registered the camera, then Panasonic would know who is the original owner. Also, for the 3 year extended warranty it is explicitly for original purchaser only (you are required to register and will be issued a certificate with your name on it).

Thanks

still even you registered under your name and sold to a third who detains  proof of purchase latter should still have right to claim warranty ...

i suppose...

-- hide signature --

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow