Repetitive strain injury due to camera size of a7ii etc

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OFremen Regular Member • Posts: 366
Repetitive strain injury due to camera size of a7ii etc

A few weeks ago I started having pretty severe wrist pain and I wasn't sure where it came from.  Doc told me to go to physical therapy and xrays came out ok. 
I haven't started PT yet...but one thing that occurred to me that's different in the past month or so is that I was doing a lot more shoots than usual and I had been recently using more of the custom buttons during shoots.  I have the c1,c2 buttons set to do AF on and also eye-AF and i switch between them a lot.  I noticed today during a shoot that because the camera itself is so small that pressing those buttons while shooting causes me to contort my hand somewhat.

I hadn't done a shoot since last saturday, and then I did one today, and after the shoot wow I noticed the pain was back and worse than before.

So I was wondering if others have experienced this as well?  
I'm going to stop using the c1/c2 buttons as much and maybe go back to using the shutter to focus with a half-press again...see if it helps.

OFremen's gear list:OFremen's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow