Nik Collection 2019

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 4,222
Re: Nik Collection 2019

Bobthearch wrote:

After email-confirmed registration, moderator approval, and a password that not even the KGB could guess, I'm in!

Gave a few suggestions, since they asked. Same user name as here if you want to read them.

I didn't say this over there, but for the most part the entire collection needs repackaged. And the two modules I'm most interested in, HDR Efex and Silver Efex, need complete rewrites to once again be competitive with other specialized products or even with the built-in functions found in most modern photo editors.

When the 2019 version is released it will have been at least seven years since any of the apps were updated. Only a few months to catch up after so long...

Good luck to them though. I'm a fan of DxO software and hope they do well with it.

Well stated Bob and I truly hope the next release will be updated in some refreshing ways.  I would like to see an improved fog edit and Orton as well. 

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
"Being in nature allows the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s command center, to rest and recover, like an overused muscle." - David Strayer

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow