(Fun) Camera Club Comparison: Sony A7R vs Olympus EM1mkII

Started Jul 12, 2018 | Discussions thread
Keith Schmidt Veteran Member • Posts: 7,142
Re: (Fun) Camera Club Comparison: Sony A7R vs Olympus EM1mkII

Great work on this, and I like the way you've described the differences and scenarios.  There are definitely positives and negatives with each system.  I've used the EM1 and more recently the EM1mkII for the last 5 years, and had an A7II for most of 2017.  I couldn't see enough differences for me, and the positives of m43 were more important to me, so I finally let go of the A7II.

Fast forward to now, and I've added the A7III to my lineup, and can see myself parting with the m43.  There's enough of a difference in certain situations from an IQ standpoint, and the addition of the 24-105 lens to the mix resolves some of the issues/challenges I had with my previous FF experience.

We're lucky to have some compelling choices up and down the sensor/system spectrum these days.

Keith Schmidt's gear list:Keith Schmidt's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow