Forget a new mirrorless mount... Why even bother changing the body design at all?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hermit383
hermit383 Regular Member • Posts: 474
Forget a new mirrorless mount... Why even bother changing the body design at all?

Is this about size still?  Because I thought people are wanting this change from Canon because they are "lagging behind" in features? Is that not the case anymore, and what people really want is a smaller less capable body?

Forget about a new mount talk for a second, why even have a new body chassis design?

If this is really about features, why not keep the 1DX/5D chassis and put all the mirrorless components into it that people desire? Why not just stick and EVF monitor where the pentaprism goes? Design a sensor with phase detect points built into it, adjust remove the mirror assembly. Why bother redesigning the body when you can just remove the mirror assembly and keep the perfect ergonomics?

You can almost here the negative Click Bait, online comments about that decision now: " Dinosaur company Canon FAILS again!- New mirrorless body is still HUGE!!!"

I thought this was about pro cameras made to be used with a 600 f/4, 800 5.6, 400 2.8 and not enthusiasts who want to travel around with a dinky camera ? I'm a fan of dinky cameras for travel... but they don't belong being compared to a pro body with proper ergonomics for big lenses like the 1DXII/ 5DIV.

First of all, I am happy with all my DSLR's and prefer an optical viewfinder any day .. I would only maybe add a mirrorless camera if it had the same exact chassis as either my 1DXII or 5DIV. Anything else would be uninteresting to me for the fact i couldn't use it with my 600 etc..

hermit383's gear list:hermit383's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow