Just FYI: Panasonic voids warranty if you sell lens from a kit

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JakeJY Senior Member • Posts: 2,191
Re: Just FYI: Panasonic voids warranty if you sell lens from a kit

aljudy wrote:

alcelc wrote:

My last purchased from authorized dealer, the GX1 with the kit lens (yes, now buying from grey market mostly) and when doing on-line registration I registered the body and lens separately. I got 2 separate warranty confirmation from Pany.

Exactly the same for my GX85 which came with the 12-32 lens. I have two separate warranties: one for the camera and one for the lens, each having its own serial number.

As I said up thread, I also received two separate warranties too for GX85 and 12-32 lens: one for camera and one for lens, each with its own serial number. Not sure if it is the same with GX9 kit, but it likely is.

I see a lot of people have chimed in that they never send in accessories when sending items for repair at Panasonic, so it seems this is not a problem at all. The warranty does not explicitly say what would happen if you didn't either, only that if proof of purchase is not provided, then there will be charges for repair (which is why the warranty is void for the new buyer buying a dekitted lens).

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow