Upgrade from Note 4, no more replaceable battery?

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
I2K4 Contributing Member • Posts: 606
Re: Upgrade from Note 4, no more replaceable battery?

While all my phones so far have had swappable batteries, I've never actually worn one out, or bought or needed an extra since, as suggested above, a portable charger is generally fine for most purposes. A charger is even handier in that anybody can use it, and I've lent it to others more than used it myself.

The one exception I have to make, that would justify a spare battery, is photography. The phone works well enough as the camera "with me" for quick and dirty opportunistic use. But the couple of times I've gone out intending a half-day "shoot" using a phone, battery life (along with distraction from notifications) quickly became a serious limitation on time and forced a false economy in shooting. The corded charger makes a useless handful out of the thing. I'd say anybody wanting to use a phone regularly for extended sessions of photography should look hard at swappable batteries or battery pack cases that keep the phone functional as a camera.

I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow