sony rx 100 vi raw files

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 25,458
Re: sony rx 100 vi raw files

Very Interesting! I have never attempted to rewrite EXIF data, although I know it is possible. Thank you for the information! I now wonder if this same trick can be used with ACR? It would seem so. Is the software, Exiftool, very hard to use? I am not a programmer but I am handy around the computer (built 5 . .  with a ton of research).

DenImage wrote:

"Will Capture One convert Sony RX-100 VI files? They don't list it and I don't own Capture One. Have you tried Capture One on the new Sony RX-100 VI files?"

:

No, that's why you need to use exiftool to rewrite the EXIF data to change the camera model to the RX100M5. DXO PhotoLab then recognises the RAW file and enables you to use Prime Denoising, then output as DNG.

You then process the DNG file in Capture One, and correct the distortion using the RX100ii profile, then output as TIF or JPG.

Den

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com
Latest postings are always at the bottom of each page.

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Nikon D810 Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow