Epson problem

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 8,325
Re: Epson problem

Stasn1 wrote:

I have a 1 year old Epson XP-820 printer. My problem is, that when I changed from using Epson ink cartridges, to "compatible" ink cartridges, I noticed an alarming increase in the amount of ink being used when the heads were being cleaned. So much so, that a complete set of refills are half empty after 2 weeks, and only 2 small 1 page printing jobs.

I assume that Epson is playing dirty with the firmware, and deliberately increasing the number of "cleans" when it detects non-Epson ink cartridges.

Is there any way that this can be fixed, without buying the expensive Epson cartridges?

I live on a pension, and cannot afford the high ink prices.

Thank you.

Clifford S. Perrin.

You either have to refill original carts or get CIS installed on original carts. On the other hand I don't know much about Epson system but if your printer detects that the head is dirty it might generate extra clean cycles. It maybe due to the ink quality itself. You might want to ask people who sold you the ink. Remember that Epson's head is not removable like Canon's and can't be cleaned outside. If you want to save money on the ink Canon makes G1200 printer that can be refilled just by buying ink. Only $179.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow