Tamron 28-300 PZD, 85, and 15-30 in the fall

Started 6 days ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alberto Tanikawa
Alberto Tanikawa Senior Member • Posts: 1,941
Tamron 28-300 PZD, 85, and 15-30 in the fall

I took these photos last year on my annual camping trip with my friend. The first three are from Watkins Glen, NY, while the other three are from a trail in Pennsylvania. All shot with my trusty Nikon D3, and Tamron lenses.

Tamron 28-300 VC PZD, Singh-Ray Gold n' Blue filter. This part of the Glen was somewhere in the middle of the park, perhaps closer to the west entrance. 42mm, f/25, 2.5s, ISO 200. Composite of both gold and blue polarization.

Tamron 28-300 VC PZD, Singh-Ray Gold n' Blue filter. 140mm, f/22, 10s, ISO 200. This was near the (east?) entrance of Watkins Glen. Single shot with blue polarization.

Tamron 28-300 VC PZD, Singh-Ray Gold n' Blue filter. 28mm, f/20, 6s, ISO 200. I removed the blurred people on the path (right side of frame). Single shot with polarization set somewhere between gold and blue.

Tamron 85 VC USD. This little one had a companion (out of frame) which my friend and I found while taking a water break on the trail. 85mm, f/1.8, 1/125s, ISO 1600 (it gets pretty dark under the tree canopy).

Tamron 15-30 VC USD, HDR panorama composite of 53 images. The small stream is slowly carving a path through the rocks. All frames set to 15mm, f/8, ISO 200.

Tamron 15-30 VC USD. We liked this trail because we only saw three other people while hiking to get to this waterfall. For this reason I will not name the trail or waterfall, to keep it from becoming another Watkins Glen (sure, Watkins Glen is beautiful but it's way too crowded). 15mm, f/8, 1/8s, ISO 200.

Perhaps some day I will revisit these places, hopefully when it's colder - last October was unusually warm.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D3 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Tamron SP 85mm F1.8 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow