Disadvantages in getting higher Megapixel A99m2 ?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Michael Fritzen Veteran Member • Posts: 5,494
Re: Disadvantages in getting higher Megapixel A99m2 ?

SDHood wrote:

.... BUT are there any disadvantages to getting the 42 Mp a99 for a hobbyist like myself ?

Well, you have gotten already the answers in the replies above.

If it is your hobby then there is no "professional need" to provide imagery at a certain resolution level. Then, if you're already owning gear providing 24MP one could ask also what that is good for? The resolution levels of around 8-12MP some years back might have been all what is needed for perhaps >95% of all uses. And being a bit over critical now, it's the companies marketing which is successfully talking us into the desire of wanting always "more, better, higher MP" and so on.

The main "disadvantage" of getting into 42MP is the "admittance ticket" of the cam's price which may burn some serious hole in your wallet.

But it's also a lot of fun to dive into those high resolution images. In my case I had known already that sensation because some of my imagery is panos made up by several individual photos which got me already earlier those high MP output files with their impressive level of details. Of course, doing such panos based now on individual 42MP files takes this to another level.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Michael Fritzen

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow