B&H ship date for Tamron 28-75/2.8: June 6

Started May 23, 2018 | Discussions thread
WalterJ1959 Regular Member • Posts: 420
Re: B&H ship date for Tamron 28-75/2.8: June 6

henryp wrote:

WalterJ1959 wrote:

My tamron 28-75mm shipped today from BH. I ordered on May 11th. Should be here in 2 days. The web site still says backordered. I wonder if I will need to do a firmware upgrade or if it will come installed?

We don't open and upgrade them before shipping them. We sent it as we received it. If they released new firmware after sending the lens to us, you will need to do the upgrade.

I understand, I know BH does not do a firmware upgrade. I was just speculating that it could have been a new lens from the factory after the firmware release.  I thought they suspended shipments until they found a fix. Why would they ship a lens that had buggy firmware if they could fix it before shipping?  I also hope that BH is not sending out returned lenses with front focus issues but are sending those back to Tamron.

WalterJ1959's gear list:WalterJ1959's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow