Newer Bridge Cameras VS Older DSLR, Better (Image Quality)??

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JayDog Regular Member • Posts: 117
Newer Bridge Cameras VS Older DSLR, Better (Image Quality)??

So been thinking huge improvements in image quality over the last 10  to 15 years.

Back in 2007, I was in yellowstone Shooting a 10 megapixel Olympus camera.  Many of these older cameras from 2010 and back were 8 to 12 MP.  So fast forward 10 years and we have some outstanding bridge cameras along with great contrast and high resolution.

I kind of wanted to do a comparison between my OLD oly e510 vs some of the newer bridge cameras.  I wish DPR REVIEW kept some of their older image test for these cameras.  I tried to find samples of the OLY 510 vs lets say a FZ300 panasonic.

The newer DSLR are insane for resolution and output.  I guess i am wondering if the smaller sensor of these Point & shoots have surpassed the older DSLR in image quality and resolution gathering ?   I understand the physics of smaller sensors but the older processing of the larger DSLRS were not as efficient as they are today.

I know there are many other variables such as Glass as well.

Thanks, 
Jay

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow