Why So Many Threads and Reports of Failing Fuji Camera Bodies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 4,281
Why So Many Threads and Reports of Failing Fuji Camera Bodies?

A lot of us here have been shooting Fuji for many years since the day of the XT-1's release.  We switched from CaNikon entirely or shoot two systems.  We have all talked for years about the reliability of Fuji cameras.  We have shot without major breakdowns or failure problems, and if we had them Fuji fixed the problems fast.

I have shot the XT-1, then the XT-2 and now the XH-1 extensively and have beat the Hell out of my equipment (I'm really hard on my camera bodies).  Besides sending the XT-1 in 5 years ago for the skin that peeled off that was quickly fixed (a common old XT-1 fault that was fixed on the XT-2), I have had zero faults or break-downs. Certainly nothing mechanical or electronic.  Maybe I've been lucky.

But lately it seems that we have had a lot of threads (some active now) complaining of XT-20s that have major faults out of warranty.  Same, but to a lesser extent for XT-2s.  XH-1s are still under warranty.  No bad news yet for the Flagship.

These reports seem very genuine and don't seem to be some kind of crazy concerted negative marketing effort and many of these failures seem to go beyond just user startup problems or newbie mistakes.

Any thoughts on this?  Wondering if anyone else here is seeing this and has the same concerns?

Any electronic computerized product can fail, but Fuji has a fantastic reputation for reliability.  Anything going on here out of the ordinary?

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X-T2 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow