X-T20 a Disposible Camera? Seeking advice

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GarySFBCN
GarySFBCN Forum Member • Posts: 70
X-T20 a Disposible Camera? Seeking advice

My X-T20 has failed again, and, at this point, I can no longer depend upon it when traveling.   I'm seeking advice below, but first the story:

I bought it in March, 2017 and I was so happy with it for the first 6 months.  Perfect size, good functions and wonderful photos.  Then it just stopped working.  As it was under warranty, I paid $60 to send it to be fixed and it was returned and worked well - for a few months.  I believe they changed the mother board. 
Then a few months later, the SD card reader stopped working so I paid another $60 to send it to be fixed under warranty, and it was returned and the SD card reader worked well.

As it was close to the warranty end, I decided to check everything.  The LCD was horrible, full of stripes and not very clear.  So I paid another $60 to send it to be fixed and it was returned and everything worked well. 
Yesterday I was 1,000 miles from home thinking I was going to shoot some photos in the wilderness.  I switched-on the camera and got another SD card error.  I swapped for a new card, same error.  I tested both cards in another device and they both work.

The camera is 4 months out of warranty.  When I get back home I will call Fujifilm, and hopefully, they will replace the camera.   But if they refuse to fix it for free I'm not sure how I will proceed.

I really loved just about everything about this camera and the photos I got from it, but I can no longer rely upon it.  I've sent it in for repair 3 times and this will be the 4th.  I've never had problems like this.  My last camera was an Olympus and it has never had anything go wrong.

So my questions - has anyone had similar failures with the X-T20?  Would you accept a refurbished camera as a replacement?  What would you do?
I note that with all of the paid and future shipping fees for repair, adding those to the camera's price, I could have purchased a better model.   But it wasn't the reasonable price that attracted me to the X-T20.  It was its compactness and great sensor. 
I'm very disappointed.

GarySFBCN's gear list:GarySFBCN's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samsung Galaxy S9+
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow