Is my lens defective?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JC_UA New Member • Posts: 2
Is my lens defective?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but I'm really worried and upset that this might be a problem and I know virtually nothing about lenses. I broke the bank on this pana-leica 15mm f1.7 and bought the international version to save 70 dollars, when it arrived it was obviously not new -- had finger smudge and dust and grime all over the lens, but cleaned up nicely. Well I finally looked into it, and regardless of lighting or angle and without the filter on it of course, this thing is there that appears to be on the rear side of the front element. It's definitely somewhere inside the lens. My much cheaper 25mm f1.7 has something like that but different, looking like a squiggly hair, and I have no idea if these are somehow normal. It never changes where it's at, so I know it's not some sort of reflection. If not I might be able to get a return from the seller, as stressful as that may be.

Please help me. I'm having a terrible life right now.

Also here is a video of it, albeit not great it's the best I can do; https://youtu.be/2CKwL6ITIZo the important things to consider are 1: it's behind the front element, and I wish I could get a shot that shows just how obvious this is and 2: it never moves or changes shape.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow