Stay MFT or Goin' FF

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marco_Elladan
Marco_Elladan New Member • Posts: 5
Stay MFT or Goin' FF

Hi, I'm an Italian guy that loves shooting photos and making videos, I currently own a Panasonic GX80 with 25 f1.7, Oly 17 f1.8 and a kit lens, with a lot of battery for backups.

I've got a strange story behind me, I started making photo with a Canon 1100D that I've upgraded to 60D, then I sold my Canon gear (50 f1.8 II, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 no VC) and bought this little monster of Panasonic. Back in April I've bought one Sony A7 to try the FF sensor, it was amazing but I was not satisfied by the image quality, neither the battery backup, even the lens were so expensive, so I sold it without money lose.

Anyway, I think my GX80 it's a nice camera, even for 4k shooting videos, but I kinda miss the DoF and Low Light performance of FF sensor. There we are, I found a Canon 6D used (2014 with 18k shot done) for about 550€ and would buy a 50 F1.8 STM without spending more than 640€.

Is it worth? How does it compare to GX80? I do a lot of landscapes and portraits

Marco_Elladan's gear list:Marco_Elladan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Dan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow