Uploaded images: resolution

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlwynS Senior Member • Posts: 1,424
Uploaded images: resolution

In viewing photographs that people post, I have been wondering about what resolution people think uploading images at makes the most sense.

I have a 4K monitor so I tend to upload/post images @ around 4K resolution. My thinking is that this gives people with 4K monitors the option of seeing the image at full resolution while it should not be a problem for people with lower resolution monitors. In doing it this way, I believe people with lower resolution monitors have a few choices:

* They can view the higher resolution images at less than their full monitor resolution using the gallery option (image in monitor size MINUS the quite substantial frame, even using the "full screen" option)

* They can use the "View: original size" option to view the full image shrunk to essentially fill their monitor

* If they want to drill down more, they can expand the "View: original size" option to see part of the image at 1:1 resolution. I know this is pixel peeping but I for one like seeing this in the case of subjects such as birds, insects and closeup/macro photography. The following are just three images to show what I had in mind for higher resolution images:

Perched dragonfly: cropped to fill frame but still >4K at just over 4,500x2,500

Flying dragonfly at 4K:

Cedar Waxwing at 4K:

I know what happened to the curious cat but I am still curious to hear peoples' thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow