Upgrade to 5D iii or 6D landscape astro

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Musicims New Member • Posts: 1
Upgrade to 5D iii or 6D landscape astro

I am looking to upgrade my 700D to either a 5D Mk3 or the original 6D mainly for landscape AP work.

I know you guys carry around a few to several different bodies but I'm broke and am looking for an end all, hopefully in one of these. I have taken really great night sky and daytime landscape shots with the T5i believe it or not albeit with a lot of work at night, paired with the 14mm samyang and I want that to simply carry over into the next upgrade. I realize the some features may not be as user friendly or fast and precise (auto-focus) but that is why I am here to try and iron out these details.

Mainly going to be using this for high ISO landscape AP, but I also want to be able to take easy daytime outdoor "normal" shots with ease. I am still learning, I can dial in a multi night time shot pretty well given time but an on the fly manual setting situational shot on the fly in the day is still a process for me. I don't know much different, but my 700D does fairly well "auto" outdoor landscape as far as I can tell. Daytime shots will mostly be wide landscape also.

I would really like this to be potentially the last body I'll purchase for quite awhile, just cant break into the 5Dmk4 territory just yet. 5Diii is not that much more than a 6D especially used, I just don't know if my uses would justify the $ difference. I would like to hear some of the pros/cons I might be encountering with these coming from a 700D.

Thanks!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow